Michael Litwin – CPA, CA, TEP
GENERAL EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
As founding partner of Litwin CPA Inc., Michael is responsible for implementation of strategic planning and the effective financial management and operation of the firm. He is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day management of accounting services for engagements under his direction.
Michael serves a widely diversified clientele of privately held companies in Canada. Many of his clients have affiliated companies that are situated abroad. As a consequence, he has significant experience with cross-border structuring and tax issues. Michael also serves a wide variety of professionals and is involved with many estate settlements, trusts and other complex succession issues.
Additionally, Michael works with the ever increasing complexities of tax matters for Americans living and working in Canada. He brings extensive experience and uses international connections to help clients solve their United States tax issues.
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION AND FIRM HISTORY
Michael received his Bachelor of Commerce from Sir George Williams University, now known as Concordia University. He became a chartered accountant in 1963 and subsequently founded the predecessor companies to Litwin CPA Inc.
Michael is also an active participant in the local activities of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- L’Ordre des Comptables Professionnels Agréés du Québec (CPA) – Lifetime Member
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada – Lifetime Member
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario – Lifetime Member
- The Financial Planners Standards Council of Canada (CFP™)
- Society of Trust and Estate Planners (TEP)
- The Financial and Estate Planning Council of Montreal
- The Accountants Study Group
- The Marvin A. Drimer Foundation – President
- The Alzheimer Society of Montreal, Director for more than 20 years
- Standardbred Canada
- Quebec Trotting and Pacing Association